Monday, October 03, 2005

Ira loves the Yankees! Any why not? They Rock!


You gotta love it. To be 4 games back of the BoSox in early September and then to win the AL East is, well, freakin' amazing. We took 16 of the last 20. The guys played hard and our pitchers strung together some great performances. I think there is no doubt that A-Rod is the AL MVP.

I made a deal with Mike Cope. If his team, the Angels, beat the Yanks in the ALDS he gets the space on this blog to talk trash. If the Yanks beat the Angels then I get space on his blog to talk trash. I can't wait. My prediction? Yanks in 5.

As for my cousin Jay, who talked all that trash in his comment on Sept. 27 about me hurting my hip due to my jump on the Yankees bandwagon, let me just say that he can talk all the smack he wants but if my sources are correct it was he that up and moved to North Texas because of some girl. Jay, I hope that leash isn't too tight!
--------------------------------------------------------
I save the best for last: Ira was on the cannula nine hours today. This weekend he made it 6 and 7 hours on the cannula. The docs are ready for Ira to come home. We are too. The insurance company is not. We have to jump a lot of hurdles and get all our ducks in a row before Ira can come home.

The insurance company has to give permission as to what nursing agency we use and then they have to actually find available nurses. We have applied for Care At Home which is a state agency that helps middle income families pay for equipment that the insurance company won't cover. All of this takes time.

Can you believe that we're even talking about Ira coming home? It still doesn't seem real to me. I can't help but flash back to my conversation with Ira's surgeon when he told me that he was really worried or the conversation I had with Ira's neonatologist not long after that when he said he was concerned about Ira. These were their ways of saying, "you need to get ready."

And here I am almost six months later talking about Ira coming home. I'm in awe. So much so that it hasn't really sunk in yet. Maybe Ira will get home by the time the Yanks win the World Series.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

First, let me say this: YAY FOR IRA!!! what a trooper! It's crazy to think that he will soon LIVE in a HOUSE with his FAMILY!!! The 4 Hayses all under the same roof for good... a thing of beauty :)

Now... you leave me with no choice but to point out that there are quite a few guys out there who have picked the 'Stros to take it all the way this year. And I can't say that I disagree with them...

If come World Series time, we're watching some guys with stars on their hats spraying the champagne...remember this comment :))) GO STROS!!!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

What wonderful news about Ira. I am so happy for your family!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ata boy IRA! I feel like comin over there and slappin him on the butt and tellin him "GOOD GAME."

Whoever that Roxanne girl is..does she have a phone number? GO 'STROS!

yeah, a-rod should win the mvp. i'd have a hard time giving it to 'big pappy'ortiz since the guy is too unathletic to play a position. unfortunately the yanks won't make it far in the postseason, cuz as we all know pitching wins championships and the yanks just don't got it. yeah, i said it, go ahead and prove me wrong if you can! lata joe

11:19 PM  
Blogger sirEller said...

I must say, Blakely will be extremely happy to hear this news, as her prayers of a child for Ira, are always "Please let Ira go home with his family." Amen. steve

9:20 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

God is good.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Very very excited for you guys. So glad to hear that the possibilities are growing for Ira.

btw, what will you do when the Red Sox beat the Yankees again in the ALCS? Hmmm?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Perks said...

Praise be to the Lord our Saviour who daily bears our burdens!

We, too, are in awe! We believe!!
M, D, C, & P

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chacon and wang? was that a joke? darn right i won't remember they're names cuz they're unproven. hey, lets try the likes of clemens pettite oswalt or garland beurle garcia contreras.

and as we saw last year in the cardinals, a power offense and mediocre pitching (johnson aint like he used to be with a 92 mph fastball) just won't cut it. its proven time and time again, the team with the dominant pitching always prevails.

im not saying the yanks don't have a chance, cuz anything can happen, theres just too many factors, just giving you my correct opinion.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Steve, I will always be a Cards fan in my heart of hearts. However, I cannot name one player on their team this season. So, Joe would say that I can not call myself a fan. But, he's wrong. I am and forever will be a Cardinal fan. Go Cards!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home