Sunday, October 02, 2005

Laura's List

10 Reasons Why I Can't Wait for Ira to Come Home:

1) No more goodbyes.
2) All four of us will be together more than 30 minutes at a time.
3) Ira will finally have consistent care - no more strange faces.
4) No longer have to be somewhere every single day.
5) No more goodbyes.
6) I can love and kiss on him whenever the heck I want.
7) No longer have to endure hearing him cry over the phone while talking to the nurse.
8) Ira will finally get to meet our dog, Jersey.
9) I'll get to lay him down on my bed and snuggle up to him.
10) No more goodbyes.
-----------------------------

10 Reasons Why I'm Scared and Nervous for Ira to Come Home:

1) No more goodbyes. Our home has been our safe haven when the stress of the hospital has been too much. Ira is a stressful baby. Where will I go to find a peaceful moment?
2) The x-ray machine can't be wheeled down the hall and into our living room at a moment's notice.
3) Ira still turns blue.
4) GERMS, GERMS, GERMS
5) Small space, lots of machinery. Where will Sophia and I have our jam out sessions?
6) A stranger in our home 12 hours a day. Where will we put this person?
7) No longer have an excuse to spend hours each week reading or listening to music or zoning out on the train; will have to carve out time to preserve my mental health.
8) GERMS, GERMS, GERMS
9) He is eating continuously all night long through his G-tube. When do we sleep?
10) What are we going to have to pay a babysitter to sit with Ira? Who will be brave enough to do that?

Really, I'm so thankful that I even get to make these lists. I know there are many moms and dads out there that would love to have the opportunity to bring their child home and will never have this chance. To those of you I say I'm so, so sorry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacinda said...

I can't even imagine all of these emotions that you're feeling. Just know that once again, you will be prayed for and God will be with you.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

... listen to our hearts ...

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home