Friday, January 20, 2006

Go, Ira, Go!

I reported on Wednesday that Ira was stable and he remains so. His blood/gas results are good and they are slowly - oh so very slowly - turning down the settings on the ventilator. And so the roller coaster takes another turn and starts to climb once again.
-------------------------------
It seems that my "Cool Cat" post struck a nerve in many of you. Seems I'm not the only one feeling uncool these days. Maybe many of us can identify with Bowling For Soup's chorus in their hit song, 1985:

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
way before Nirvana
there was U2 and Blondie
and music still on MTV
her two kids in high school
they tell her that she's uncool
cuz she's still preoccupied
with 19, 19, 1985
--------------------------------
I guess my mom was feeling sorry for Laura and me and the fact that we never see each other. The other day she called from the hospital and said, "get Sophia a babysitter for Thursday night and plan on letting me stay with Ira that night. You guys are going out." She got us tickets to the opening night of Pajama Game with Harry Connick, Jr. In spite of Connick, Jr.'s inability to act, it was a fun show and the Hernando's Hideaway scene was worth the price of admission on its own.
Thanks Erin, for hanging out with Sophia and thanks, mom, for giving us a night out.

5 Comments:

Blogger JKMeeks said...

Hooray for good news. I will continue to pray for good news and good progess. Joe, personally I am proud of you for embracing your "uncoolness". Although I dont know you personally and you and Laura dont LOOK uncool...infact Laura looks way cool, I am proud of you for accepting it!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Moms are cool, too. Cool is not just how you look, is it?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Chel said...

Congratulations on the good news about Ira!

The unpleasant thing about "1985" is that my 7-year-old knows all the words to it, but he didn't know who any of the performers mentioned were. We had to explain them all, which dates us quite a bit, I think.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Casey. said...

I'm sorry to hear Harry Connick Jr. didn't do a good job in this one too. The first time we came to NYC I talked Nathan into seeing "Thou Shalt Not" because I'm a huge Harry fan. I'm just now to the point where I can admit that it was not good. Such a shame.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Tammy M. said...

Looking "cool" in 2006 what does that mean? Your hiney crack shows when you bend down, you wear your jammies out on the town, the bottom of your belly shows, the cool jeans hit your hips at just the right place where if you don't have love handles, they make you look like you do anyway. O.K. I admit it I am getting old because I just don't get it. I claim a definate school marm look over hip and happenin' any day, although the slave to fashion I used to be will have me admitting that my senior portraits in 1985 were shot with me in a lacey white dress with half gloves, mimicking Madonna in Like A Virgin. Same crazy different fashions.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home